How to Submit
Submissions will be open March 1, 2023
Want to Submit Your Film?
Submissions are now closed for 2023!
Check back in early 2024 for our submission schedule for our next film festival.
Submissions for the 2023 FilmOut San Diego LGBTQ Film Festival (viaFilmFreeway) will open on March 1st, 2023. If you have an LGBTQ film that you would like to submit, please read the Rules & Terms below and then click on the FilmFreeway button for more info.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- FilmOut San Diego is a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) film festival. All submissions must be relevant to that community or your entry will be disqualified. Please do not submit any films without LGBTQ content.
- Film screeners are currently accepted digitally through the film submission service Film Freeway.
- There are screening fees required to submit to FilmOut San Diego paid through Film Freeway.
- Submission Period: Our submission period is from March 1, 2023 – May 31, 2023. The deadline for all submissions is 11:59pm (PST) May 31, 2023.
- If you are unable to submit via Film Freeway, please contact either [email protected] (or) [email protected]
- There will be no refunds once a project has been submitted.
2. Acceptance Notification
- The 2023 FilmOut San Diego LGBTQ Film Festival will be held September 7-10, 2023 at the San Diego Natural History Museum (The NAT) and Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) at Balboa Park. Filmmakers whose works are officially selected will be notified no later than July 5, 2023. Unfortunately, we DO NOT send out personalized regret letters for films that are NOT selected. However you will be notified via Film Freeway once our submission period has ended.
- If your film is selected to the festival, you will be expected to provide your film (format to be determined by Program Director) by July 14th, 2023.
- Film’s that are available on VOD, have played in San Diego (theatrically or featured in another local film festival) or are available streaming online are not eligible.
- Additional materials will be requested once your film has been selected: jpegs, synopsis, posters, film clips, etc.
3. Acceptance Terms
All selected entries do hereby grant FilmOut San Diego the right to use footage, stills, and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes to include, but not limited to, cable, TV, Internet, radio and print sources.